Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our New Baby!. . . . Marin Attie Weber

Friday at 1:33 am, I was awoke to Annie telling me "get up, my water broke!". We went from zero to active labor in a matter of minutes!

We decided a while back to have our baby at home. Although this was our first pregnancy we were very confident about the labor process and felt a home birth would best suit our needs. In attendance was Ann's mom who was once a mid-wife, Kathi (our mid-wife), Rory (Ann's cousin and Kathi's apprentice). Each of them played a hugely pivotal role in the 8 hour birth process which ended at 9:18 am on Friday the 5th of December. Although things went very smoothly we could not have done it without each of their individual skills and attributes. 

I am without words to describe how it feels to be a daddy, all I can say is that I will go to no end to keep my girls (Annie too) safe, loved, and well photographed.  They are the center of my universe.

I know you are dying to see photos so here they are with more to come soon:

Here she is mere seconds after being born.

The women of my dreams.

One deliriously Happy Papa!

Kathi, our awesome midwife.







Ann's mom, so amazing! I hope that Ann can be to Marin what Ann's mom was to her.

5 comments:

andiscandis said...

That's a gorgeous kid.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo happy for you guys!!!! She is adorable!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her. I will be praying for all of you!!!!! Love you guys!!!. Mary Jane

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful!.. Well they both are!! :) I am so so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the both of you! What a beautiful little girl! I am so proud of you Annie, you will be a wonderful mother! I can not wait to see all of for the hoildays! Love,
Cousin Jess

Anonymous said...

She's so cute. Wish I was there. Love you! Jenn